“If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
Just like that, 6 weeks have come and gone in the quickest motion I’ve ever experienced. I remember sitting down on my laptop on March 23rd at 8:30 am, completely overwhelmed with the tasks that had been given to me and wondering to myself how I was going to manage.
I think we always let self-doubt creep into us every time we do something new. I know in every blog post I’ve written I mention things that I am working on to better myself or inner struggles I was facing to hopefully help anyone reading learn that we all make mistakes and learn from them.
I am very proud of myself for that I have learned and accomplished at Like A Voss. I didn’t really know what to expect when I came here to do my internship but I NEVER expected to learn so much and grow into a person with more strength and understanding of the social media marketing world.
I asked my professor back in October of 2019 what placement would be a good fit for me. She knew I wanted to be coached, and that I wanted to learn, so she actually suggested Like A Voss to me – saying that Mandi was a grad of our program and that she has coached many other students.
Mandi and I had been following each other for a while on Instagram, and in December she messaged me on Instagram. It was after I had posted about a project from my digital marketing class. She said she was impressed, and asked me if I would be interested in doing my placement with her company…and the rest was history.
Goals After Placement
Usually, I’m posting my goals for the next week here but this time I want to talk about what goals I have for after placement.
- Practice my writing. I want to become a stronger writer and continue practicing my work on my own blog. I also want to connect with my college communications professor and see if he knows any online tutoring or websites that can help me further my learning.
- Create! I love being creative and want to spend some time creating content for my Instagram. I brand myself around style and body positivity and want to do more to help people with self-image and confidence during self-isolation.
- Update my resume & portfolio. As I learned in my program it’s important to keep your resume and portfolio updated consistently in case future employers are looking at your work online.
- Have fun & go easy on myself as I navigate and plan what my life will continue to be like during this pandemic. I feel like I’ve been in a bubble with working at my internship where I haven’t had time to worry about what is going on. I stay informed with COVID-19 but I know as I look for my next project I will most likely start to worry more about the pandemic.
- Find a job that will allow me to gain more experience and learn more! Between my last two placements, I have now worked with event planning, marketing, and social media marketing. There are still more marketing avenues I’ve been curious about entering so I am keeping an open mind about where I go next because the sky’s the limit!
Thank You For Everything
I want to take this time and thank you, Mandi, for giving me this opportunity. I appreciate you taking all this time to coach me and push me to be a better writer. I know I had a lot to learn and you were very patient, honest, and open with me from the beginning and I know everything you taught me was to challenge me to become the best version of myself. THANK YOU!
I would also like to thank Betina, Sabrina & Emily for being so helpful, kind, and encouraging through my internship. There were times when I felt low and you were always there with your encouraging words!
Until next time, feel free to follow me on Instagram at hautemarki and see what I am up to and connect!